Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shabby Chic Mother's Day


Hello! This is my first real attempt at a Vintage/Shabby Chic kind of card. The new SU Springtime Vintage DP was a big help, Love this paper!!! I am pleased with how this turned out, I think I might have to make another one but make it a Birthday card instead??!! I have listed the challenges and supplies used below. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

~Challenges ~
CASE Study ~ Challenge #29
C.R.A.F.T. challenge ~ Mother's Day
Paper Play ~ Shabby Chic/Vintage
Raise the Bar ~ Just a Sentiment
Paper Sundaes ~ Stripes
A Spoonful of Sugar ~ Vintage/Shabby

~ Supply List ~
Stamps ~ Verve, Because of You
Paper ~ Kraft, Cream, SU Springtime Vintage DP
Ink ~ Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories ~ Pearls, Vintage Lace, Boutique Fleur Floral Embellishment

18 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is stunning... so elegant! Love your flower!

Olga said...

Breath taking!!!

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

I love this simple, vintage look. This is beautiful! Love all of the pearls.
~Renee
Raise the Bar Guest Designer

Myrna said...

This is really pretty. Love the colors.
Myrna

Betty Benton said...

This is so lovely Janice; would be good for birthday, get well, thinking of you... etc., etc., etc.!

Pattie said...

So pretty Janice - it's right up my alley! Oh, and thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I was on the phone with Olga last night when you loaded this and I have to tell you, I heard her gasp! It is just beautiful, and look at the challenges you covered!

Julie said...

Just beautiful Janice, love that flower!

Suzanne said...

A stunning card. Thansk for playing at CRAFT challenge this week
Hugs
Suzanne x
Guest DT

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT for our Mother's Day card challenge, good luck, love Jacky x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautifuul! Love those fabulous pearl accents.

Gemma said...

a lovely Mothers Day card! Thanks for taking part in this weeks C.R.A.F.T. Challenge! Gemma :)

Jean Martin said...

Janice this is fabulously elegant! You did a fantastic job with this challenge! So glad you could join us at CASE Challenge this week! :)

Monica said...

Hi Janice, I found your blog at A spoonfull of sugar - could not resist commenting at this shabby chic card... so pretty and soft. The embellies look awesome. Love the flower along with the lace and the pearls.
Okay now I must rush to becoming your follower because your card has taken my heart away...
xxx Monica

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Janice,
This is so elegant. I love it.

Hugs,
Deb

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the shabby chic feel to it!

Wendy said...

OMGosh, Janice this is gorgeous! Love the flower, lace and pearls! Nice job! :)

monika said...

this is a very elegant card,
I like cards like this one