Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas Lamp


Hello! I've been MIA for a few weeks except for my prescheduled TMS DT posts. I had some major surgery on the 1st and it's been very slow going. I felt good enough for small amounts of time at the craft table this past week. Won't tell you how long it took to make this card! Considering the fact I had already colored the image and picked out the pretty paper previously. It's been killing me not to be able to participate in the month long Holiday card challenge over at Beccy's Place. Now I have made at least 1 for it! Excuse the poor photo I can't move very well yet and guess I was to far away and the picture is a bit blurry. Anyway I'm happy with how this one turned out, looks really nice in real life! That's it for now enjoy you day!

 ~Challenges ~
Beccy's Place ~ Month of Holiday cards (Day 13 "L" Light/Lamp)
A Gem of a Challenge ~ Buttons and or Ribbon

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, Janice! You haven't skipped a beat on making those gorgeous cards! Love your coloring on this and those awesome diecuts! Your pretty paper completes this perfectly! Glad to hear your starting to feel better! Speedy recovery to you! <3

Melissa Craig said...

This is beautiful Janice. I love Christmas lanterns. I want to make a couple that are 3D for my Christmas display of 3D houses.

Carol L said...

This is beautifully designed and such a lovely card! I especially like the green and gold oval and the burlap bow! Continued recovery wishes heading your way! Take care and be good to yourself :)

Beccy said...

I'm sorry to hear your recovery is slow Janice, but at least it's in the right direction. I hope you continue to get better with each passing day... and remember that crafting is excellent therapy.
You did an awesome job on your card, it's really lovely. I like the collection of burlap and pine in the lower corner, and the red button adds a lovely pop of colour. Great job on the colouring too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

It is a lovely card, and it is so good to see you in semi-motion. Slow and easy wins the race! Love the little burlap embellishment you created!

Helen said...

A beautiful card. Hope you feel much better soon.

Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge.

Helen x