Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Happy Birthday Slugger


Hello! Today I have CAS (for me anyway) card to share with you. When I came across this sketch I immediately thought baseball diamond so I dug through my box of already colored images and found this Penny Black cat. It's colored with a mix of Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I used a stitched die and added little metal embellishments in the corners to kinda make it look like bases. I added a star under the baseball to make it stand out a bit more and to tie in with the star embossing folder I used for the background. Finished it off with a Happy Birthday banner. I kept wanting to add more cause of all the white space but I walked away and left it be! That's it for today thanks so much for stopping by and I plan to be back tomorrow with another card! Challenges are listed below.

 ~Challenges ~
Just Add Ink ~ Sketch
The Paper Players ~ CAS/Sports
Crafty Friends ~ Embossing Wet or Dry

 
 
 

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, Janice! The kitty is colored to perfection, and I love how you placed him on a diamond. The star with a baseball is a cute accent. Thank you for sharing it with The Paper Players!

KimB said...

Oh that is such a cute cat image Janice! I love your colouring and how you added the sentiment banner over the top point of the diamond. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an outstanding job you did for all of these challenges! I have never seen that PB image before but it was just perfect! Isn't it nice to wake to the sunshine. We have lived here since 89 and do not ever remember a year where we had skeeters this bad. They have very large teeth, and it soon must dry out so we get a little relief. Walking the dogs is a chore. Hope all is well with you.

Wendy said...

How cute!! I just love that Penny Black baseball cat and the design of this! CAS is tough for me, too! I always want to keep adding more & more! LOL You colored this so nicely and I really like how you added the sentiment! Great card, Janice!! Enjoy the sunshine today! :)

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous kitty, Janice and so beautifully coloured too! I love how you left the white space as it makes the images pop and the star embossing perfectly compliments your theme too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Such a cute card, Janice. I adore your wonderfully coloured kitty image and the CAS layout. You did an amazing job combining the challenges. Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Carol L said...

What a great take on the sketch and I really like this cute image too! I really like the baseball on the star for the accent, and the embossing is cool too! FUn card :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a sweet little basketball player Janice and beautifully coloured too. I love the way the diamond of the sketch inspired you and the accented star behind your baseball, mirroring your embossed background. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Janice, such a fun card! I love baseball and this little kitty looks like a real star! I love the embossed background and the little ball on top of the star! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Diane Louise J said...

Hello…. You have made a beautiful card…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Embossing’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]