Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Peaceful Poppies


Hello! Wow what a year 2020 is turning out to be??! Been almost 2 months since my last post. Just getting back into my stamp room this past week. Didn't intend to have that break! My husband ended up in the hospital. They say he had a mini/silent stroke. They expect a full recovery with time and therapy. So thankful it could have been so much worse. That and now dealing with the COVID-19! Thoughts and Prayers to everyone as we get through these difficult times.

When I saw the pretty new poppy stuff in the Stampin Up mini catalog I just had to get some of it! Waited a bit to long though and the dies were out of stock but so hoping they come back in and I can still order them?!! If and when they do I just may have to add a 2nd pack of the BEAUTIFUL paper too! Think I have made about 7 or 8 with it already? Manly just using the paper and sentiments. Can only imagine what I will make if I can get those poppy flower dies too. Anyway thanks for stopping by. If all goes well maybe I'll be able to post a bit more often now again. Challenges I used for my card are listed below. See you again soon!





 ~ Challenges ~
The Paper Players ~ Tic Tac Toe (Middle line across die-cut, spring, birthday)
Try Stampin On Tuesday ~ Sketch #450

7 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry your husband is dealing with a stroke - my husband had one several years ago and is doing relatively well also, but there are difficult and uncertain times I'm well aware - and now the virus :( So glad you found a little time to craft and make this pretty card and I like that sentiment panel with the embossed piece behind it! Hang in there and take good care!

Wendy said...

OMGosh Janice!!! I am so sorry to hear about Roger and pray that he will be alright! What a scary thing to go thru! Well wishes to him! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love this Poppy DSP and thought about ordering some eventually! Great sketch that showcases the paper nicely! Happy to see you back to making cards! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Donna Scholz said...

Janice - love your card with it's bright, happy colors! Yes, the poppy paper is easy to fall in love with, for sure! I like your interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, and your use of embossing on the horizontal band. So glad to hear your husband will have a full recovery,,, he is SO lucky!!! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us! -Donna

Heather said...

So lovely, Janice - love this paper, and your layering of the dies is so fun! All the best to your husband. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

laurie said...

Love the bright cheerful colors..beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players

Jaydee said...

You showcased this paper beautifully, Janice and I love the white sentiment. It really pops off the page. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Players this week
Jaydee

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh, Janice..... I just saw this. So sorry to hear about your dear husband. Hope he will have a full recovery. Maybe the stamp room can bring you some calm in this trying time. Sending a big hug, and love your card.