Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Dandelion Wishes


Hello! Finally got a bit of mojo and played with one of my Christmas presents, a Misti! I think I'm really going to like this tool a lot. Sure makes embossing so much easier, I can ink the stamp several times and make sure I have good coverage for the embossing powder to stick. I used Unity's Wish with Your Heart stamp set for my card. The Happy Birthday sentiment wouldn't fit where I needed it to so I went with the happy wishes instead. What it really needs is a Birthday wishes sentiment. Anyway after embossing I sponged around the images with some distress inks to make them pop! I even did some embossing on the inside of my card. I distressed all my edges and finished it off with some burlap/lace & pearls. I was very pleased with the results! Thanks so much for stopping by and dropping me a comment it makes my day! List of challenges is listed below.



 ~ Challenges ~
Sketch Saturday ~ Sketch #497
Unity Show & Tell ~ Birthday with Kraft card base
Tuesday Throwdown ~ Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenge ~ Pearls & Lace


4 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so pretty Janice! I love how you embossed that pretty image with subtle colors that look just dreamy! Great distressing too! Have fun with your Misti - I have yet to own one myself :)

Marianne said...

beautiful card, you did a good job

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Wendy said...

So pretty, Janice! Love the softness of the colors you used and your embossed image is beautiful! Your distressed edges complete this card nicely! Great job!
I do not have a Misti but Stampin Up started to carry a Stamparatus which is basically the same thing. Right now I have no interest in it but that could change one day! LOL