Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Apple of My Eye


Hello! It's Tuesday so that means it's time for a brand new sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I took a few liberties with the sketch this week! Flipped it for one and used this large cut out apple image from the former Flourishes stamp company called Apple of My Eye. It is colored with my Prisma Color pencils. I used a SU embossing folder for the background. It kinda looked like/reminded me of apple cores??!! My picture doesn't due it justice. My phone is starting to crap out on me and camera/picture quality is not near as good as it used to be. Guess maybe I've dropped it one to many times?! Just hate the thought of getting/learning a new phone but it soon will be necessary I fear as it's starting to randomly shut off too. Anyway thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to check out what the rest of the DT has come up with this week. Hope you get to play along.

Carol
Debbie
Jenee
Melissa
Patti

 ~ Challenges ~

10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and this is a gorgeous sketch.[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! You nailed this one, Janice with that lovely embossed background and the apple/sentiment as your focal point! Love the springtime feel to this, too! Sorry to hear about your phone and totally get not wanting to learn all about a new one. I am the same way! TFS and have a great week! :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love that you flipped this Janice :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Amazing, Janice! There is one of your apple stamps that I so admire. I still pull out and use the pretty ones you sent me! I love the sentiment on a tilt and your coloring is just dreamy!

Carol L said...

I like the flipped sketch here with those pretty red apples taking center stage! Great embossing and pretty ribbon combine to make for one awesome thank-you card! NJ!

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I really like the "apple core" embossing!

Patti said...

Well Janice I can't imagine it looking better in person because I think it looks gorgeous just from the photo!! Sorry about your phone....just make sure you have it all backed up so you don't loose anything if it dies. I know you know that already but it just came out, the mom in me I guess. LOL

Patti said...

Oh yes BTW I love your coloring with your Prima Pencils.

Melissa Craig said...

Your liberties are lovely! This card is so fabulous - I can see why it was a favorite of some our players. The apples look fantastic and every color is a contrast so everything pops!

Jenée said...

Beautiful card. Those apples look real enough to make my mouth water! Nice coloring, girl! Makes me want to pull my colored pencils out and have a go.