Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Snow Face


Hello! I have to say that I LOVE today's card!!! I have been wanting to make a snowman face card for ages and I finally did it!! I used a stitched circle die for the face, the eyes were done with part of the SU Owl punch and the nose was free hand cut. For his scarf I used a strip of paper and the tails were a part of the SU Bow maker punch. I ran my TH Picket Fence Distress Ink pad over my embossed snow panel to make it look more like snow. I left a sentiment off this one as I think it can be used for more than just a Christmas card?! Think I'll have to play with other color combos and make more of these?! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!! Challenges are listed below.

 ~ Challenges ~
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards Challenge ~ "D" Die Cuts, Dry Embossing, Distress Ink
SCS Falliday Fest ~ Let's "Face" It
Sketch Saturday ~ #589
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge ~ Christmas/Winter

6 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I love this, Janice! So cool! Your embossed background goes beautifully with your snowman face and that Buffalo Check paper brings everything together so nicely on this! Love, love, love and so perfect for this time of the year! :)

Carol L said...

This is one jolly snowman for sure, and I'm sure he's warm in his beautiful plaid scarf! Great background with the snow too!

Claire Broadwater said...

How cute is this snowman? I love the buffalo checked scarf and all the snow! So glad you joined us at Sketch Saturday! XX

Beccy said...

Awwww, I LOVE this too Janice! What a little cutie. It was a great idea to swipe the white ink pad over the embossed snow in the background, it has really given it a lift. I like the tartan scarf he's wearing and his cute carrot nose! The three tiny snowflakes are a nice addition as well. Looking forward to seeing more of these!
Cheers,
Beccy

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh my, he is a cutie! Love the buffalo check!

Stacy Sheldon said...

This is adorable Janice, and just so you know I don't always write as much as I should ( often) but, I do think of you and wonder what you are up to :)