Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Narcissus Thanks


 Well I'm really cutting it close to getting a blog post in today! And blogger is really giving me fits so not sure that it will even happen/post? Had a great day shopping with my Sister-in-Law and found lots more crafty goodies. Tuesday Morning got me in BIG trouble and than Hobby Lobby has started their semi annual clearance sales and I was SUPER bad and went to TWO different stores!! I think I may need a 12 Step program for Craft Ahcoholics!! Supposed to be rainy and ugly here tomorrow so hoping to have a play in the craft room kinda day?

Today's card uses the BEAUTIFUL digi stamp set called Narcissus from Beccy's Place! I fussy cut it out and mounted it with foam tape to give it some dimension. I lightly colored the flower centers and stems with my Copic markers. Wrapped it with some jute twine and added a bow. Tucked in a little tag with my sentiment. I used my all time favorite doily lace border punch. I distressed the edges with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. Finished it off with some rustic like bling. Love the vintage feel that this card has. That's it for today now to see if  blogger will let me post? Could just be my laptop acting up too I guess?! Thanks for stopping by!



 ~ Challenges ~
Sweet Saturday Sketch ~ Sketch #595
Beccy's Place ~ February challenge
Corrosive Challenge ~ Anything Goes

6 comments:

Marianne said...

very pretty card Janice

Wendy said...

So pretty, Janice! Love the color of your gingham paper and your beautiful flower bouquet! Placement for the tag is perfect and the added jute twine looks fantastic! Another beautiful card!!! Enjoy the rainy day in your craft room! I am gonna be doing the same thing! :)

Carol L said...

I may have to join that 12 step program with you, as I still have the paper pad which you made this card with! LOL Your card is a fun take on the sketch and those papers still look good! Have fun with your new goodies - sometimes you just gotta cut loose and buy new schtuff!! Congrats on your win over on the Repeat Impressions challenge blog too! Whoo Hoo!!

Haideelum said...

Hi, how did your post make me laugh. I think several of us will need those 12 steps.
I loved your digi and the colors you put it on!
Good luck in our challenge¡
Thanks for participating with us in CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG
Haideé
Haideelum DT CCB
And remember that you can also find us on Instagram, look for us as @corrosivechallenge

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Shopping is therapy... gulp! They keep saying we are getting a Hobby Lobby in this slower lower... I sure hope so. Beautiful card, Janice... and again I say keep em coming!

Beccy said...

I love this card Janice, and I agree that it definitely has a vintage vibe. It was a wonderful idea to tie the jute twine around the stems and I love the way you've tucked the little sentiment tag in the back. Great choice of colours and patterns too.
Your shopping day sounds fabulous! Just think of how much money you saved by shopping during the sale rather than when everything was full price. I think you should be congratulating yourself on being a savvy shopper!
Cheers,
Beccy