Monday, May 25, 2020

Cherry Blossom Wishes

Edited to add.....Well so much for scheduling my post last night. Didn't realize the freshly Made Sketch was ending so soon. Didn't make it here till late today and missed out on posting to that challenge.

Hello! Today I have a Twofer of sorts?! Sketch challenges are my favorite and go to challenges. I found 2 almost identical! Only the sentiment placement was different. Here is the card I came up with!  I did add an extra layer......just couldn't do another plain (CAS) card base two days in a row??  LOVE how this one turned out. The Cherry Blossom paper is just soooo pretty?! It came in a flower pack of card stock from JoAnn's. I added a branch die cut (think it's Memory Box?) and a beautiful sparkly die cut/sticker that I got at the Dollar Tree.Think there are like 9 on the sheet in different colors? Man if you haven't been to a Dollar Tree lately they sure have come a long way in their crafty section! Those $1's add up there quickly too! ;-) The background is a Stampin Up embossing folder called Coasted Weave. Added some bling and called it done. Thanks so much for stopping by. Challenges used are listed below.


Cherry



 ~Challenges~
Freshly Made Sketches ~ Sketch #436
The Paper Players ~ Sketch Challenge
Daring Cardmakers ~ Birds of a Feather

6 comments:

Carol L said...

this turned out gorgeous! I'd never seen that ef before and it's awesome! I love how that woodland branch die just flows with the design in the paper too! What a fabulous card!

LeAnne said...

LOL, yes, when I saw the FMS sketch this week, I thought-hmmm, great minds think alike! Your flowers and bird are just lovely! I love the Dollar Tree for lots of stuff! Thanks for sharing this and playing with my sketch this week at The Paper Players!

Miri said...

That's a beautiful card, Janice! I love your brown bird with the bright pink blossoms in the background and also your placement of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Jaydee said...

I love the texture behind your wonderful DSP and on your bird. Such a fabulous spring card. So glad you joined us at teh Players this week
jaydee

laurie said...

Beautiful birthday card!!Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Wendy said...

Oh Janice, this card is so pretty! Love the paper and the bird sticker! You cannot beat the Dollar Tree...I love to shop there! Hope you've been enjoying this beautiful stretch of weather! I'm dreading the hazy, hot & humid weather that is coming Friday! Blah!