Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shabby Chic Birthday

Hello! Today I have another Shabby Chic kind of card to share with you! I also did my take on a new to me technique called Embedded Embossing. Will be trying this again sometime soon and will go with smaller pieces/shapes next time. I added one of these cool leaf pins that I found the other week when and friend and I went shopping. It kinda blends in to well but I still like it. Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy reading all your comments!

 ~ Challenges ~
Crafty Catz ~ Embossing
Waltzing Mouse ~ Sketch
Incy Wincy ~ Flower Frenzy
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday ~ Flowers
The Paper Variety ~ Flowers

 ~ Supply List ~
Stamps ~ Flourishes Sweet Violets (sentiment)
Paper ~ Baja Breeze, Vintage Cream, SU Springtime Vintage DP
Ink ~ Versafine Black Onyx
Accessories ~ Recollections Boutique Fleur Flower embellishments, Little Yellow Bicycle Stick pin, Various beads, Ribbon, Lace

12 comments:

AJ Blanton said...

I think the leaf pin adds a cute touch.

Kelly S. said...

Oh love the texture on this! So beautiful with the floral paper and that gorgeous rose in blue!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Janice! Love the soft color combo and all the texture! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

craftieodmae said...

Love it, and the way you embossed the dp is fantastic!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is stunning Janice! Love the shabby chic feel!

Wendy said...

OMWord Janice....I love this! Great job with the embedded embossing...isn't that so cool?! Love your choice of papers and that beautiful flower! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I have been seeing quite a few cards with this technique and I just love it! The texture is amazing!

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for joining Crafty catz this week

carol said...

what a super card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craftycatz this week, x carol

Annette said...

This texturing is lovelyl. I love the papers and the overall layout is so simple, yet really effective. Love that lace! Fab card. Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

beejay said...

This is beautiful! Is it embossed paper???... is it embroidery??? I can't even tell! love it - I am now following :)

Misti said...

Gorgeous!!!! WOW!!! Love it!!!