Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Paper Pumpkins



Who's ready for some cooler weather??! I know I am! Sure has been a warm summer here in south central PA. When I first saw this sketch I thought of pumpkins! Since I needed to get a start on my fall cards this was perfect! The pumpkins are made with 2 different size SU oval punches. The center of the pumpkins is popped up and the edges are inked. The rest was done with various dies in my stash. I heat embossed the sentiment. I find myself making more and more cards using mainly dies. They are so much fun to play around with. Okay that's all for now, stay cool! 

 ~ Challenges ~
Sketch Saturday ~ Week #621
Crafty Sentiments ~ Anything Goes


5 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely card. The papers are great Here in Florida we are always ready for cooler weather. Oh that would be like heaven. [Bunny]

Carol L said...

I haven't used my oval punches in ages to make pumpkins, but I still love how they look, especially when done with assorted patterned papers! Love the mesh element along with the acorn and leaves - perfect for fall. I just made a Thanksgiving card recently too - I guess we're both longing for cooler weather! LOL

Doreen said...

Your card is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge over at TTCRD. Hope to see you next week.x

Mandy said...

Janice your ovals for a pumpkin is a fabulous idea. I love Autumn colours so this appeals to me vert much. In the UK we are having a mini heatwave at the moment and it is too hot. We are not used to it over here..... homes here don't have AC so it can get quite uncomfortable. I don't envy you with high temperatures.

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥

DT for Through The Craft Room Door

Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Wendy said...

So stinkin cute! Love those oval pumpkins.....haven't made one n forever! That sure is a cool mesh die you used under the pumpkins and I loved the added wheat sprigs! I sure hope we get an early Fall after this long hot summer! I seen trees starting to change color but i'm not sure if its because it's drying up from lack of rain or maybe Fall is coming. I've had enough of the AC and temps in the 90's! Stay cool girl and get your craft on! :)