Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Glitter Ornaments


Hello! Managed to make it to the craft room for a bit to make this CAS card. Awhile back when I was at the Dollar Tree I came across these pks of self adhesive "glitter" paper. Thought it would make some sparkly cards. Anyway I saw the YNS inspiration picture and thought I'd try out this paper. It cut easily and the best way to describe it is to say it's like making your own stickers?!?! They are thin when peeled of the backing but they don't lose there sparkle/glitter. If they still have some next time I go I will be picking up some more. Three 8 1/2x 11 sheets for $1 is a great deal. The ornaments are Impression Obsession and the snowflakes are Art Impressions I think? I need to find a place to buy that silver cord in bulk! I always pick up the spool with 3 colors (Red, Gold & Silver) around the holidays at the "Box" craft stores and run out of silver an end up with tons of the other 2 colors. That's it for now thanks for stopping by!

 ~ Challenges ~
Beccy's Place ~ A Month of Holiday cards (Day 16 "O" Ornaments)
Allsorts Challenge ~ Glitter
Your Next Stamp ~ Sketch/Inspiration ( I went with Inspiration this time round)


6 comments:

Wendy said...

So pretty, Janice! Love the sparkle from the glitter paper and those pretty colors! Glad your feeling up to getting your craft on and getting those holiday cards created! One day at a time! Hugs~

Kathleen said...

Super EF and some lovely ornaments with the pretty colours of the glitter paper.
Thank you for joining our 'Glitter' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Suzanne H said...

This is really pretty. You can even see the sparkling on the computer screen. I'm going to look in the dollar store for that paper.

Beccy said...

Your CAS style card is fabulous Janice, what a great design. The glittery baubles are wonderful, I love the pretty colours. The embossing in the background looks great and gives the impression of a decorated Christmas tree. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Carol L said...

The great embossing is a perfect backdrop for those gorgeous, colorful and sparkly ornaments! Sounds like you hit upon a great deal with those papers too! So glad you're feeling better and able to craft more! Happy Thanksgiving!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!!!