Saturday, July 25, 2020

Sunflower Blues


Hello! Finally made time to get inky....well sorta?!! As the only ink is the sentiment I guess I should say get crafty instead?! Anyway...As soon as I saw the current Tuesday Morning sketch I KNEW what I wanted to do! Perfect time to break in this new Sunflower die set that I got from Stampin Up! I did get the matching stamp set too but didn't use it on this card. I went with non traditional colors, I think I'll get more use of the set doing that? But believe me there will be Fall cards and colors used too in the future! I added a button tied with some ribbon to my Sunflower center. Finished it off with a strip of the same ribbon on the sentiment panel. I'm happy with the way this one turned out! I see lots more "Sunflower" cards in my future! Hoping to have more time in the craft room again. My youngest son and his puppy have headed back to school! Puppy's take a bit more work that cats, just sayin!! ;-) That's it for now thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! Challenges are listed below.


 ~ Challenges ~
Tuesday Morning Sketches ~ Sketch #564
A Gem of a Challenge ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts ~ Flowers all Over
Crafty Friends Challenge ~ Birthdays

8 comments:

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for play with us at Gen of a Craft Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.

Carol L said...

That's a beautiful take on the sketch and I like the sunflower in blue! Great background embossing that sets it off beautifully too! Good to see you back to crafting again.

Melissa Craig said...

Janice, so very good to see you again. Your card is beautiful, what a fun blue sunflower! I love the basketweave embossing, too. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, Janice!! I love the huge gingham sunflower!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Wendy said...

Don't you just love that cute sunflower set?! My card lady ordered everything for next month using the sunflowers! LOL I will probably get sick of it! Love your pretty card and I love that you made a blue flower! Awesome texture added with the embossing, too! Hope to see you back to making more cards with this! I'm ready for Fall because I had enough of this heat! Blah!

Tammy L said...

This is pretty! I love all that white with the pop of blue. Great job! Thanks for playing along at TMS. hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Ellibelle said...

So nicely done, Janice! Loving the CAS design!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for joining our Happy Birthday challenge with your pretty card.
Diane Louise
Team Leader, Crafty Friends Challenge Blog x