Sunday, January 31, 2021

Daisy Mosaic

 


Hello! Once again I seem to have made a mostly "die cuts" card? I was going thru stuff laying on my desk and found this Daisy Mosaic die cut that I had cut out months ago! It's from Creative Expressions and it's a bit of a odd size. After I cut it out I wasn't sure what to do with it and just laid it aside and forgot about it but the current Freshly made sketch inspired me with how to use it! I LOVE how this turned out!! I foresee more cards in different colors and sentiments in my future! Maybe switch out the dragonflies for butterflies?! My dragonflies are from a punch.  I added some black nailheads to the flower centers. Anyone know where to buy these at? I used to get them at AC Moore's. Miss that store! Gonna miss using them when my stash is gone. They are so nice for mailing compared to brads and rhinestones ect. My sentiment is heat embossed. I don't remember of hand who it's by? It's a wooden stamp that i picked up at one of the box stores. It was cut out with a Stamps of Life stitched rectangle die. Thats it for now thanks for stopping by! Challenges are listed below.

 ~ Challenges ~

Freshly Made Sketches ~ Sketch #470

A Gem of a Challenge ~ Anything Goes

Die Cut Divas ~ Frame it

Crafty Creations ~ Anything Goes

House that Stamps Built ~ Anything Goes



7 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that gingham paper peeking out behind the flower diecuts! The dragonflies are the perfect addition! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . so pretty!!! That daisy die cut is beautiful and it looks fabulous with that patterned paper behind it! Love the pops of black as well, they really bring the whole card to life! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Arlene said...

Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Frame It" challenge. Arlene - DT.

Karren said...

That daisy die cut is gorgeous and works perfectly with the punched dragonflies! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Carol L said...

A fun take on the sketch with a great die! Love the dragonflies, and I too am so sad that AC Moore is gone - it was one of my favorite craft stores and I too bought nailheads there!

Cindy C. said...

So beautiful!! The silhouette of the dragon flies really popped against the intricate die and colored background! Thanks for linking up to our January challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Wendy said...

So pretty, Janice! I see you pulled out the dragonflies to go with your pretty flower diecut and I love the paper under it! I miss AC Moore, too! Every time I come to Hanover I look at the empty store and say I miss you, AC Moore! TFS and stay warm! I'm so over the snow/sleet today!