Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Fall Birthday


Hello! Today I have a Fall Birthday card to show you. Nothing says fall to me like Mums! I'm partial to the rust and/or burgundy colored ones.  I know they have them out at Easter time too but it's just not the same, at least not to me. I prefer Daffodils and Tulips then! Anyway on to my card. It uses a stamp from the former Paper and Such company, the sentiment is from SU. I colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. After mounting my image to the scalloped oval I decided to emboss them together. Love the look/texture this gives. It's kinda hard to see in my picture but I added a rhinestone to the center of the mum. The sketch and challenges I used are listed below. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

 ~ Challenges ~
Sketch Saturday ~ Any Sketch I used #308
Fun Friday ~ Fall Fun
Crafty Gals Corner ~ Anything Fall Goes

5 comments:

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with that embossed mum image! I love the plaid background along with the pretty diecut piece, and I've always been a huge fan of circle sentiments and wish I had more of them!

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card, Janice! Love the texture that the embossed panel gives along with your pretty colored mum! Your diecut panel looks amazing under the flower and that plaid paper, WOW! I love anything plaid! What a great Fall card...sure to make someone's day! TFS and have a great day! :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I agree...the texture is wonderful. Layered over the plaid makes it so there is lots of interest to your card. Perfect for the fall and the YNS challenge!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Sorry if I am late to the party, but I have been working on cleaning out my house, to prepare to move next year. Hope all is well with you. this card is just beautiful, with the embossing over the image. I love that look! Oh so pretty!

Kleri said...

Very pretty card!Love the colors!Thank you for sharing with us at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again soon!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)