Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Alcohol Inks


Hello!! It's been awhile since I last posted! Didn't mean to be MIA that long. I've been being crafty though and one of the things I've been doing is playing with alcohol inks! It can be a bit messy but it's fun! Guess I could wear gloves but where's the adventure in that?! You never know what you might end up with and no 2 are exactly alike. I now have a small pile of alcohol inked backgrounds in many color combos to use. There is another new thing I've been playing around with too but we'll save that for another time.

It's one of my favorite times of the year, the month long Holiday cards challenge over at Beccy's Place! It's a great way to get those Christmas cards made so come play along. Day #1 challenge is to use the Letter A for your inspiration, I choose Alcohol Inks! I got to use one of those backgrounds I made! This one reminded me of a starry night sky. It's hard to get a good picture but it also has some silver metallic ink in the background. I paired it with some Silver mirror card. It was hard to get a good picture, you can even see the reflection of the pink shirt I was wearing. It looks so much better in person. I used multiple dies on this card and several were borrowed from a friend so don't know who they all are. Thanks so much for stopping by and if all goes well I hope to have lots more this month!

 ~ Challenges ~
Beccy's Place Holiday Cards Challenges ~ Day # A is for Alcohol Ink
Simon Says ~ Make Your Own Background

5 comments:

Carol L said...

This is gorgeous! I need more practice as my alcohol inky backgrounds never look like this! LOL Love that rich blue and silvery look with that pretty little scene and big star/snowflake in the sky! Welcome back to your blog :)

Beccy said...

Your card is gorgeous Janice, the little winter scene you created is lovely. The alcohol ink background looks fabulous, I can see what you mean about it looking like a starry sky. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card! I love the night sky that you created with the alcohol ink, it showcases your Christmas winter scene beautifully 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card, Janice! Love, love, love that background! It just pops against the white! And your little town scene is amazing! I bet the background is amazing in real life! Great job and awesome card! TFS

cheiron said...

Great inky background! Thank you so much for playing along in the Create Your Own Background over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)