Friday, November 16, 2018

Merry Christmas


Hello! Does anyone else struggle with writing blog posts?? I make WAY more cards than I ever post because writing just isn't my thing. I feel like I keep writing the same thing post after post. But I so LOVE doing challenges so here I am! Ok so remember the other day when I showed you the Stitched Snowflakes card with the glittery background? I mentioned playing with other colors and how different it looks with the same piece of lace? Well here is one of those pieces turned into this sparkling beauty! This time I used True Red and Cool Diamond. This looks just like the piece of lace I used. The detail really shows. The great thing about this glitter is that it doesn't make the mess like most glitter does. Use coffee filters to catch the glitter (to pour the excess back in the jar) and a dry Swiffer cloth cleans the rest up in a jiff. I kept this card pretty simple and let that background shine! The sentiment is from Elizabeth Craft Designs and I topped it off with some glittery Holly stickers that I found at Hobby Lobby. Wish you could see the sparkle this card has! Thanks so much for stopping by.

 ~ Challenges ~
Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Challenges ~ Day#14 "L" Lace
Creative Moments Challenge ~ Always Anything Goes

4 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yep, yep, and yep! The blogging is bringing me down lately. This is so pretty! I have so many glitter haters on my list, that it would really need to be mess free. Gorgeous lace, my friend. Have a great weekend!

Beccy said...

I think posting your cards without a lot of words is fine Janice. When I'm in a hurry or not feeling very "wordy" I simply say "Just sharing a quick card make today". I'm sure most people experience the same thing at some point and would completely understand.
I was amazed to read that the background of this card was created with glitter. I actually had to enlarge the picture for a proper look. Wow! You really did get lots of fine detail. Fabulous work!
Cheers,
Beccy

Carol L said...

the lace makes for one very pretty background here, and I love the big golden sentiment with the pop of red & green holly sprigs! NJ!

Wendy said...

Beautiful!!! I just love the cards you've made with that lacy background, Janice! It stands out so nicely! And what big bold diecut sentiment....WOW! Your added holly is the perfect embellishment, too! Wonderful holiday card! TFS