Saturday, August 7, 2010

Candy Cane Snowflakes


Hello! Hope your having a great weekend! Todays card uses no stamps. I tried to add a sentiment but it didn't look right so I left it off. Have you seen the new Bakers twine that is out?? Love this stuff! It comes in several different colors. My friend Julie has some in her Etsy shop if you'd like to give it a try! For my Snowflakes I used the Spellbinders Create a Flake 1 set. I embosssed them and while they were still in the die I sponged them with red ink, they kinda remind me of Candy Canes!! Thanks for stopping by!


~ Challenges ~
Cute Card Thursday ~ Whateva (Open challenge)
Limelight Sketch ~ Use Pop Dots
Crafty Catz ~ Buttons & Bows
Just for Fun Color Challenge ~ Kraft, Red, White
Our Creative Corner ~ It's Embossable (embossing)

~ Supply List ~
Stamps ~ None
Paper ~ Pure Poppy, White, Kraft
Ink ~ Real Red
Accessories ~ Spellbinders Create a Flake #1, CB folders Divine Swirl & Candy Cane Stripe, Bakers Twine, Button, Pop Dots

13 comments:

Tami Grandi said...

JANICE- this is ADORABLE!!!!! I LOVE those snowflakes!

Julie said...

I love this!!! Just gorgeous!

Glenda said...

I too love the snowflakes. They do remind you of candy canes! Just lovely! Thanks for playing in the JFF Challenge this week!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome! So many great elements!Love that twine!

Theresa's Studio said...

Been seeing all your lovely creations on several challenges. Congrats on your win at Just For Fun.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Janice
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Starla said...

I love the candy cane snowflakes!! Thanks for playing along with us at JFF this week!

Mandy said...

Ack! Swirling snowflakes in red, white, and kraft! PERFECT! Featuring your card today, my friend. ;)

Broni said...

I LOVE how you used the colors! All the textures, the twine and the sponged snowflakes make this card wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the JFF color challenge!

Suzanne said...

I love thsi - so different. Thanks for playing at Crafty Cazt this week x

Alison H said...

Awesome card! That bakers twine is a lot of fun.

Suzie said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Diane Gilbert said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! Reminds me of a gingerbread house!! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!